Current Processing is 9 days.
Blackberry Wine (Dry)
- 3 lb freshly picked blackberries
- 1/2 pint red grape juice concentrate
- 1 kg bag sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutrient
- 1 teaspoon pectolase
- Burgundy yeast
- Campden tablet
- Wash, drain and crush the blackberries.
- Place in a sterilized white plastic bucket and pour on 5 pints of boiling water.
- When cool add the pectolase, red grape juice concentrate, nutrient and yeast.
- Cover loosely with the lid and ferment for 3 days. Strain the juice into a demijohn.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1 pint of boiling water, allow to cool and add to the demijohn.
- Fit an airlock and continue to ferment, topping up with water to one gallon when the frothing dies down.
- When fermentation stops and specific gravity reaches 1.000 or less syphon the wine off the sediment into another sterilised demijohn with 1 crushed campden tablet.
- Add finings and when the wine is crystal clear it can be syphoned into bottles and corked.
- Should be ready for drinking at Christmas.