Golden Sweet Wine (Christmas Pudding Wine)
1 Gallon / 4.5L (6 Bottles)
- 1lb Christmas Pudding
- 8 Oranges
- 1 Tin of Fruit (Any will do)
- 1 Pint of White Grape Concentrate (570ml approximately)
- 3lb of Sugar (1.36kg approximately)
- Sweet Wine Yeast (Gervin No.6 for example)
- Cut pudding into thin slices, place in bucket, pour in 5 pints (2.84L) of boiled water, whilst still hot, then stir.
- Add juice and zest of oranges, tinned fruit and the grape concentrate.
- Top up to 4.5L or 1 Gallon with cold water.
- Stir and adjust S.G to 1.090 with the addition of sugar,
- Add Pectolase, yeast etc. Stir well and place in warm room to start fermentation.
- Ferment in bucket for four to five days, stirring twice daily.
- Strain into another bucket and check SG which should have dropped considerably, add a little more sugar for the next stage of fermentation.
- Continue fermentation under an air lock with sugar added every few days until desired gravity is reached, or until the yeast tolerance is reached (approximately 15% ABV).
- Syphon off and leave to mature and clear.
A real winner of a recipe.