Sherry Type Wine 2
A sweet sherry type wine.
- 450g of Raisins,
- 2.8 litres of Fresh apple juice
- 1 tsp of Pectolase
- 1 tsp of Citric acid
- 1 of Campden tablet
- 1.1 litres of Water
- 1.2Kg of Sugar
- 0.57 litres of White grape juice concentrate
- 1 tsp of Yeast nutrient
- Sherry yeast
- Heavy sugar syrup
- Chop the raisins into small pieces and put them in a fermentation vessel. Add the apple juice, pectolase, acid and a crushed campden tablet. Cover and leave for 24 hours.
- Heat the water and dissolve in 1kg of sugar, the grape juice concentrate and yeast nutrient. Allow to cool to 27°C and add to the apple juice. Add the active yeast, cover and ferment for 6 days stirring twice a day. Strain the must and dissolve the remaining sugar in the juice.
- Pour into a clean jar and fill to within an inch of the bung. Attach airlock and bung. Ferment at 18°C until the gravity is 1.005.
- Feed the wine with the heavy sugar syrup.
- Rack into a clean demijohn and store.