Muntons Premium Gold Autumn Blush Cider Instructions
- Clean and sterilise all cider making equipment.
- Stand cans in hot water for 5 minutes to soften contents, then pour can content into the sterilised fermenter.
- Add 2 litres (3.5 pints) boiling water - dissolve all contents in fermenter.
- Add 13 litres (23 pints) of cold tap water to bring the volume up to 17 litres (30 pints) and thoroughly mix to ensure all contents are fully dissolved.
- Sprinkle the special cider yeast and cover the fermenter and leave to stand for 7 days in a warm place (between 18- 20 °C).
- Fermentation will be complete when bubbles cease to rise (if you use a hydrometer, when the gravity remains constant below 1010°).
- Transfer the cider into bottles or a pressure barrel and add a teaspoon of sugar to each 500ml bottle, or a maximum of 70 grams per 23L pressure barrel. (Light Spraymalt may be used instead of sugar)
- Stand bottles or barrel in a warm place for 2 days, then allow 14 days in a cool place or until the cider has cleared.