Mixed Vegetable Wine
A medium sweet, white social wine.
- 2Kg of Carrots, parsnips and swedes
- 250g of Concentrated white grape juice
- 1.1Kg of Sugar
- 4 tsp of Citric acid
- ½ tsp of Tannin
- 3.7 litres of Water
- Campden tablet
- Gervin GV1 yeast
- Top, tail, scrub clean, cut up the vegetables into small cubes, add the water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
- Strain on to the sugar and acid. Stir well until both are dissolved then cover and leave to cool.
- Add the concentrated grape juice, tannin, nutrient and active yeast. Pour the must into a jar, fit an airlock and ferment out.
- Move the jar to a cold place for a few days, then rack into a clean jar, add one campden tablet, bung tight and store until the wine is bright.
- Rack again and mature this wine for eighteen months.