Mixed Soft Fruit Wine
A medium dry rose.
- 1.5kg of Mixed soft fruit as available
- 250g of Concentrated rose grape juiceile
- 900g of Sugar
- 2.8 litres of Water
- 1 tsp of Citric acid
- ½ tsp of Tannin
- Campden tablet
- Gervin GV2 yeast
- Stalk, wash and crush the fruit, place it in a suitable bin and pour hot water over it. Cover and leave to coo
- Add the acid, pectolase and one crushed campden tablet, cover and leave for twenty-four hour
- Stir in the concentrated grape juice, tannin, nutrient and activated yeast. Ferment on the pulp for three days. Keeping the fruit submerged and the bin covere
- Strain out, press dry and discard the fruit, stir in the sugar, pour the must into a fermentation jar and ferment ou
- Rack into a clean jar, add one campden tablet, top up, bung tight and store until the wine is brigh
- Rack again and store for nine months, then bottle. Add on saccharin tablet to each and store for a further three months.
*Use a mixture of black, red and whitecurrants, raspberries, strawberries, loganberries, blackberries, cherries, plums and gooseberries. Do not let any one fruit dominate (170- 230g per fruit is plenty).