Sherry Type Wine 1
A dry sherry type wine.
- 2.3 litres of Juice from sweet oranges
- 1 tsp of Pectolase
- 15g of Citric acid
- 1 of Campden tablet
- 1tsp of Yeast Nutrient
- 450g of Sultanas
- 1.7 litres of Water
- 900g of Sugar
- Gervin GV4 yeast
- Mix the orange juice, pectolase, acid, campden tablet and yeast nutrient in a fermentation vessel.
- Chop the sultanas and boil the, in 1.7litres of water for 15 minutes. Strain and discard the sultanas, measure the cooking liquour and make it up to 1.7 litres again with cold water.
- Dissolve the sugar in the liquor, allow it to cool to 27°C then add it to the must. Add the active yeast.
- Pour it into a clean demijohn with bung and airlock and ferment until dry.
- Rack the wine, seal and store in a cool plac