On The Rocks Cider Kit Instructions
- Read instructions thoroughly before starting.
- Clean all equipment with cleaner/steriliser and rinse well.
- Add 3L of boiling water to your bucket and pour in 1.3 kg of sugar for best results we recommend brewing sugar.
- Use a clean/sterilised paddle or spoon to help dissolve the sugar.
- Open the can and empty contents into the bucket.
- Rinse out the can with some warm water and add this to the bucket - ensure you stir again to dissolve the concentrate/sugar.
- Now top up your bucket to 23L with cold water.
- Sprinkle the cider yeast onto the liquid, stir to mix well, then cover and leave to ferment at 18-24c.
- Fermentation should take 5-7 days, and is complete when a hydrometer reading remains constant below 1.000.
- Once fermentation is complete, transfer the cider into a second fermentation bucket (ideally with a tap) leaving sediment behind.
- Add the Flavour Add-Back and stir to mix, then proceed with one of the following options:
Barrelling: Add 70g of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Transfer to your barrel, then seal the barrel before leaving to stand.
Bottling: Add 140g of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Siphon into bottles, then seal bottles before leaving to stand.
(Alternatively, you can use carbonation drops instead of sugar when bottling.)
- Keep barrels & bottles at 21c approx, for 5 days to condition, then move to a cooler place to clear. As soon as it's clear, it is ready to drink!
*These instructions have been revised by ourselves to assist clarify certain steps.