Harris Cider Brite Finings, Powder
Cider Clear is a freeze-dried cider fining made from isinglass, a commercial grade clearing agent.
Although ciders will eventually clear by themselves, sometimes this could be many months.
Finings will help clear your cider quickly and help compact the sediment.
This product is sufficient to clear up to three 23L (5 gallons) cider.
- Add two level teaspoons of powder into half a cup of cold water.
- Whisk with a fork for 1 minute to thoroughly mix.
- Leave for 15 minutes, then whisk again before adding to 5 gallons (23L) of cider at the end of fermentation.
- This has the benefit of producing the finings with 100% activity, so you are using a more powerful and stronger fining.
- This results in clear cider quickly with more compact sediment.
Ingredients: Isinglass, Malto-Dextrin, Potassium, Metasbisulphite, Malic Acid