Grainfather GF30 Conical Fermenter
Grainfather Conical Fermenter - Pro Edition
The Grainfather Conical Fermenter is a stainless steel fermentation vessel that offers home brewers professional-level control over the fermentation process.
Capable of holding up to 28L of wort, the Grainfather Conical Fermenter has built-in wireless connectivity, so you can control and monitor fermentation from anywhere.
With the GF30 Conical Fermenter, you have the ability to dump yeast, take samples and transfer your wort via our innovative, dual function, valve design.
Features of the Grainfather Conical Fermenter
- Double Walled: A stainless-steel, double-walled skin is filled with a thick layer of polyurethane foam for insulation. This keeps the wort at a constant and stable temperature with minimal influence from external environmental changes.
- Integrated Gentle Heating: The 30W, 12V heating element, sits in the cavity of the fermenter between the outer body and cone. Unlike standard heating elements/sources that directly heat the liquid, this heat source is designed to heat the environment in between the walls of the fermenter, which in turn heats the liquid. The fermenter acts as an artificial environment which can be heated, meaning the temperature is raised in an even and controlled manner, which is much better for yeast.
- Integrated Cooling Sleeve: Welded onto the inner wall of the fermenter, the stainless-steel cooling sleeve sits in between the two stainless-steel walls. When hooked up to the Glycol Chiller (sold separately) the cooling liquid travels through this sleeve, cooling the stainless-steel, which then evenly cools the beer within the fermenter. As it’s concealed, there’s no cleaning or sanitising required - a true innovation for a fermenter of this scale.
- Hassle-free Cleaning: The Grainfather GF30 Conical Fermenter has a smooth interior with no additions, such as cooling coils or sampling valves. This makes cleaning easy and minimises the risk of infection.
- Golden Angle Conical: The conical shape of the fermenter is typical for professional breweries. Our conical has been designed with the 'Golden Angle' of 60º. This is the optimum angle for yeast and sediment to drop down to the bottom of the cone without it getting stuck to the sides. It also makes it easier to mix during fermentation due to the path of conventional currents that it enables to occur.
- Dual Valve Tap: This all-in-one valve, makes the process of dumping yeast, transferring, and sampling easy. Sampling and transferring are done through an inlet above the sediment line, allowing for clear, sediment-free beer. Easily collect your yeast from below the sediment line with the same unique valve for re-cultivating and pitching. The innovative design of the valve allows for this dual functionality and means less cleaning for you.
- GF30 Conical Fermenter Controller: With the built-in, wireless controller, you can connect it to the internet and the Grainfather App, add fermentation tracking devices and control/monitor fermentation from anywhere. Accurately set the temperature and even add a temperature schedule/profile. You can set up to four profiles, with five individual stages. Plus, it’s even splashproof - making it easy to clean and wash down your fermenter.
- Support: Every GF30 Conical Fermenter comes with a 3-year warranty and is fully supported by a fantastic, global customer service team.
- GF30 Conical Fermenter
- Built-in Controller with Wireless Connectivity
- Silicone Bung & Airlock
- Dual Valve Tap
- Power Adapter and Wall Plug
- Silicone transfer hose
- 5 cm (2") Tri Clamp
- 2 m (6.5 ft) M12 3-Pin Power Cord
Here is a video of the Grainfather Conical Fermenter
Here is a video of the Grainfather Conical Temperature Controller
Here is a video of the Grainfather Conical Dual Valve Tap
Here is a video of the Glycol Chiller