Carrot Wine 2
A dry white made with carrot juice.
- 560ml of Carrot juice
- 250g of Concentrated white grape juice
- 1Kg of Sugar
- 3.1 litres of Water
- 4 tsp of Citric acid
- ½ tsp of Tannin
- Campden tablets
- Gervin GV1 Yeast
- Carrot juice is available from ‘health food’ shops and similar outlets. Empty it into a sterilised fermentation jar, add the water, citric acid, tannin and concentrated grape juice and stir well or shake the jar so that the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add an active yeast and nutrient, fit an airlock and ferment for three days.
- Remove some of the must, stir in half of the sugar, return it to the jar, refit the airlock and continue fermentation for eight days.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the sugar and ferment to dryness.
- Move the jar to a cold place for a few days, then syphon the clearing wine into a sterilised jar. Top up with white wine or cold boiled water, add one campden tablet, bung tight, label and store until the wine is bright.
- Rack again and mature this wine until it is one year old. Serve it cool as a white table wine with salads and vegetarian dishes.